Saturday, October 23, 2004

My gosh… so many things happening in such a short time.. Ig retreat, end semester trip, and yesterday, I started my new job at waraku jap restaurant.. from the last day of exams till now, I’ve thought through bout lots of things... thoughts aside, let me now run through the things that has been happening to and around me…

IG retreat(13/10-15-10): blur as usual, met crystal at pasir ris mrt control station instead of the supposed tampines one… and by the time we got to tampines ntuc, gavin and avril have already done most of the shopping for the games le… =P avril’s mom fetched us to the chalet (thanx auntie!!) and we started to clean up the place and prepare the bombs for the games… then came nick, boon and chris and some of them played cards and slacked while waiting for the time to meet the main comm to come… until now, I still dunno why ppl laugh at things that I dun think is funny and why ppl dun find the things that I’m laughing about funny… haha.. din sleep on the first night.. followed mich back to her house to get vcd and bought some stuff at cold storage… I’ve somehow became nick’s boss and I was so excited when we took a merc cab back to the chalet.. haha… u should have seen nick’s face man… it was like as if his boss take merc, with a chauffeur back to the chalet… haha.. damn funny… wasn’t really involved in the games, except to explain some of the games’ rules and take pics… other than that, I was busy clearing up the mess in the bbq area and the kitchen, as well as making sure that everyone are not deprived of drinking water… haha.. after the games mich helped me to clean up the inside part of the chalet… =) love u mich!!! *muack!!* haha.. felt so auntiefied man.. haha… bbq was great.. but a call spoilt my mood for the whole night… woke up early in the morning on Friday for the interview for the mentors… was in the same room as nelson and we were both dozing off… haha…

K box session(15/10): rushed from sch to suntec.. haha.. went straight into the room to look for mich, van and ailing… haha.. seemed like I was at 5566, fir, jay chou and cyndi’s concert… haha… sing until damn dramatic.. had so much fun man.. although my voice was like dying because of the amt of chilli I ate the night before, it din hinder me much!! =) went to buy kelvin’s birthday present and makan at raffles’ city.. =)

Kelvin’s birthday(16/10): thought I’d be late.. but who noes, ailing happened to be on the same train as me!! Haha.. went to find her on the train.. then walked to one fullerton after meeting van at raffles place mrt… =) the food was nice.. I love the atmosphere there man.. so nice.. think I can stay there the whole night… and I drank 11 glasses of ice tea!! Haha… the water just kept refilling my glass so… =P took the bus back with ailing after crossing the big bridge and struggling to maintain my poise while bearing the pain in my feet… haha…

End semester trip(18/10-21/10): the day started off with the blur me again.. haha.. left the house at 650am.. but reached kranji only at 835am, which was 5 mins late.. why? Cos I blur blur took the wrong train from bedok to pasir ris, then back.. and stopped back at bedok (I dunno why I did that..) and then took the next train to jurong east.. was planning to stop at city hall.. but as usual, I just watch myself pass that station.. haha… ya.. and I was late.. haha.. took public transport to get to Malaysia.. haha.. first time though… then I think the tour guide cast some sleeping spell on everyone cos once we got onto the bus and when he started talking, everyone fell asleep almost immediately.. haha… we had dinner with most of the yr 2s on the first night.. then shopping at the store and this billion place.. haha.. to the beach on the 2nd day and got a funny tan even though I din intend to sun tan.. haha.. shopping was boring as I was on a tight budget and din intend to get anything in the first place.. so I was just walking around blindly.. haha.. most of my money was spent on food.. haha.. there’s really a lot of of thing to say.. but hard to get every detail in my blog.. =) but one thing for sure that I can remember and must mention is the experience of eating Kenny roger on the bus.. haha.. it was our last meal on Malaysia and we were rushing for time.. so we ‘da bao’ it.. haha.. the bus was so jerky and every one has two lunch box each.. and just imagine everyone trying to eat the chicken using a spoon (the only thing that they gave to eat with) and also the side dishes.. it’s just damn funny.. even as I’m typing this I’m laughing.. haha… well, this trip allows me to get away from the hectic life in Singapore, my family, work and allows me to think about a lot of things… =)

Job at jap restaurant(22/10&23/10): work started at 600pm.. learn to set the tables, how to speak simple jap like welcome and please… the staff there are all very friendly.. there’s mika who is a pure jap lady.. very nice person.. and there’s this Myanmar girl also.. very nice.. they gave me this very warm welcome feeling.. and I see the way they greet the customers and serve them, it somehow made me admire the japanese’s lifestyle.. all so nice and friendly.. majority of the customers were jap and it’s a very refreshing experience to me.. I think the staff there are so used to speaking jap and Chinese that when they speak I can’t really figure out if it’s Chinese or jap… haha.. seemed like mix to me.. haha.. today the big boss or waraku came to dine at our restaurant.. he’s a jap and seem young to be a boss.. but can tell that he’s a very nice person.. he was dining with one of his friends in one of the rooms.. then I was allocated to be in charge of the rooms for today.. and everytime I went in to refill their tea or to serve them their food they’ll smile at me thanking me each time I serve them.. the feeling is just indescribable.. =) and this restaurant is like when they hit their target amt for the day, all part timers will have a 10bucks ‘angbao’ which will be included in the pay… and so far it has been a good start cos for the two days I’ve worked, I got 10 bucks ‘angbao’ each!! =) but at times it tough.. esp kneeling and standing while serving in the rooms.. and the stupid apron is like so in the way.. and I din noe that there’s actually a hole beneath the table and I almost slipped into it as my knee slide in.. haha.. lucky the food was already on the table and I manage to stabilize myself.. if not ah, really paiseh… haha… then when clearing the tables, sometimes the tray can be so heavy that my hands start shaking when carry them.. time for me to go train my arm muscles..!! the kitchen staff so nice, made sushi and the egg thing for me to eat… haha….well, regardless of the cuts I got and the pain I got from carrying the heavy stuff, I look forward to every day’s work.. =) and today’s homework is to read and try to remember the menu… my manager made me bring home the menu.. and she said I have to put on make up cos I look really pale… =( dun like make up… well.. upcoming activities will be update.. soon… =)

No comments: