Monday, September 17, 2007

grandma left me, left us, the lee family. yesterday was the burial day.. till now i still can't believe that my grandma has left us just like that.. the grandma who dotes on me the most, who will call me once in a while to chat with me.. i even promise her to bring her overseas when i earn enough money.. all the unfulfilled promises..

the past week was really energy draining, both physically and mentally. having to bear the backache, bodyache, and having to stay awake the whole week to watch over the wake.. burning incense, folding incense paper.. what makes things better is the company of my family members.. family which includes my cousins..

i realise that at some point of time, cousins who were once close when they were young will break off for a period of time, and effort has to be put in to pull the relationship together.. just like ming and me, lingling and me, and all other cousins..

grandma's death might be a blessing in disguise.. what she has longed for has finally come true.. and that is to have the family gathering together. but it's a pity that it takes a death to have her wish come true..

2007 new year.. the last new year celebrated with grandma..i was chatting with a few of my aunts.. and we were talking about the future.. in future, our generation will not gather with other cousins. in future, we might not recognise our cousins on the street.. to avoid this future from happening, we got to make the effort to keep in contact and maintain the kinship.. so i'm gonna try and organise an outing every month.. be it a karaoke session, bowling session, mahjong, cycling or bbq.. i'll make time for it..

took compassionate leave for my sat's beijing flight.. and got called up for bangkok turn today.. everyone was nice to work with except for the ifs.. super particular about everything.. and almost got complained by pax..

tmr going frankfurt new york.. bless me with good flight and crew..

tat chern, i din forget..
HAPPY 16TH BIRTHDAY!!
it was my beloved brother's birthday yesterday.. couldn't celebrate it the normal way, but hey, look at it from another angle, u had almost the full LEE family with u.. hope u'll like the new ipod classic for ur birthday.. love u..

No comments: